08 February 2011

Puppy Love

Besides sharing some of the ins and outs of my life in general one of the main reasons for my blog is to share one of my dreams-come-true. This weekend (6 Feb 2011) we fetched our very own puppy (and very 1st as a couple). Her name is Genevieve (aka Jenni Button or "Je ne sais quoi"), also fondly known as The Poopy :)
Genevieve is a flashy Irish Red Setter, her pedigreed name is Oakdale's Bed o' Roses (Daddy: Apollo of the Chicken Farm, Mommy: Oakdale's Safari Sunset). Such a sweet name, and especially appropriate since our new garden has a couple of wonderful new roses (my very first ever no wait, I lie, I did have a red miniature rose once and it died... hmmmm???).
Anyway, I'm sure a few pictures will be worth more than their 1000 words.
Ain't I just gorgeous...
Some biltong with that pleez.


More gorgeousness.
Jenni's 2 hour trip to her new home was not the most elegant experience for her. Shame, she was looking extremely miserable, with drool all over her face and knowing how she despises being dirty (such a little lady) it must have been a very horrible feeling for her :( She did get a little car travel tablet before we collected her from her real Mommy, but after the 5th gastric pyrotechnics it was long gone and of no real help to start with.
Luckily baby Jenni settled in very well after the car stopped moving and she's proving to be a very sweet and gorgeous little lady. Then again she's barely 8 1/2wks old, so those sharp little teeth have a lot of exploring to do.
House-training is going well (I'd hope so since I'm taking the week off work to stay and train her). Thus far she only had 1 accident in the house (only because her tummy was a little upset from all the stress, she felt very embarrassed). The first night I slept on the couch next to her so she could wake me to let her out to "hurry up", but she was so super last night on her own that I believe my stiff back was not necessary after all. Jenni's new domain is in the 'braai room' where she doesn't have too many things to mess up. There's just a couch and a chair plus her big pillow, water bowl, the crate and her chewie toys. But more about them tomorrow...
[11:45 pm, SA] 

2 comments: