06 April 2011

You shouldn't have...

No... u REALLY shouldn't have!


This morning when I got to the kitchen I discovered a gleamingly proud Sashi perched over a small gift he had brought - to say thank you for all the lovely food we provide him with. It was rather upsetting, but I had to get the camera out to try and take a snapshot of his gratitude... just some of the small ways our pets colour in our lives and get us even more late for work! Shame, it was a very cute and very small little shrew of some sort but what was worst is that it was still slightly alive! :(




 No actually the worst was that in it's fear at being pawed and dragged around the kitchen it urinated all over the floor and now the kitchen reeks of rat-pee :( :( And the poor little thing - it must have been so scared and suffering a slow death. :(


I'm not exactly a bunny-hugger (although I do admit to having hugged one once), but I just find this extremely upsetting, especially on an empty stomach! The little creature was lying there with its shiny whiskers moving up and down with exhausted, shallow breaths - it was so horrible! And I couldn't do anything to save it. I Really wish the cat would stop doing it! Or he could at least just kill his catch before dragging it into the house! :P


Jenni had another little surprise for me: a lovely pumpkin flower that she picked fresh from the vine. OK, it wasn't especially for me - but I claim all the contents of the garden as mine, so I demanded my flower back. At least her taste in organic produce is improving - pumpkin flowers beat donkey and goose manure hands down!







While I was watching her from the studio she went over to the vine and picked the bright yellow flower and munched it with great excitement. I only wish she would eat her expensive food like that!! She's starting to drive me insane again... being so damn picky with her food. I've switched to a new brand of pellets (Royal Canin, which she LOVES when I feed it from my hand and she prefers it to the Eukanuba), but God only knows why she will hardly touch it when it's in the dog dish!...??? I also feed her a spoon or 2 of soft canned puppy food or the occasional home-cooked ostrich mince with rice, but she just looks at the food then looks at me and then goes to lie on her pillow - it's so bloody frustrating!! I leave the food out for 20 - 30 minutes before picking it up and throwing it into the compost bin. She's leaving half of it uneaten. A week ago she was wolfing down the same amount of food, but now she's decided she wants to model for the Cosmo or something? :P At least her ribs aren't showing anymore, but it's so annoying when she's so picky with her food. I have contemplated throwing the pellets out on the floor for her to scavenge on during the day, but that's not a great habit I guess? You can't exactly do that when you travel with your dog for a weekend, so I will have to come up with a better plan!

We're off to visit the grandparents on the farm again this weekend! :) I just have so much to do and the garden is becoming super-neglected, especially now that I'm back at work again... (just for the week). I really have to find a way to make more time for it and I'll also have to get more help - it frustrates me not to take care of it like it's supposed to be cared for! I wish there was a way to buy time... don't we all! At least we have loads of Thyme ;) and they virtually take care of them self!

No comments:

Post a Comment