27 February 2011

So proud of our green children

Sashi

I am So Amazed at all the veggies that our garden has produced! We only started the garden 2 or 3 months ago and there are already green beans, loads of rocket and spinach, tomatoes (still green) and LOTS of lettuce! It's truly amazing, I almost can't get over how quickly they have all grown!

Sashi investigating the awesome lettuce!! Mmmmmm.

A feast for the eyes.
Gourd bloom.

But wait, there's more...

Our first bright and beautiful tomatoes :)

I underestimated how fast the veggies could grow and how much space they'd need.

The gourds are taking over!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Why - Your "children" are looking gorgeous, Sashi & Jenni are both so cute. And Jenni is looking all grown up since I last visitted your blog! My veggies are amazing too - its been such a surprise to see the rate at which they grow. If only our ornamental plants would grow as quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx C! I have to admit that I am getting a little left behind with all the veggie maintenance - not my strong point :P It takes a lot of time to hunt caterpillars, search for tomatoes deep inside unruly bushes and keep up with mildew on the squashes and pumpkins :P Doing things organically requires a lot of time I don't have at the moment :(

    At least it's almost winter and then there's a little less to do... or so I hope!

    If you want to give your ornamentals a nice boost - try Bounceback, I think it's a Nitrog (?) product - works like a charm. And lots of water. It works best in spring and summer, but it should still be warm enough to have good effect the next few weeks. Let me know if it helped :)

    ReplyDelete